July 2006
The Ghost in the House: Motherhood, Raising Children, and Struggling with Depression
Reviewed it.
Politics Lost: How American Democracy Was Trivialized By People Who Think You're Stupid, by Joe Klein
Still in the middle of this, which is actually very good, but I have trouble reading it in my spare time because it feels like work.
Little Children, by Tom Perrotta
Another book with no turned-down pages, although I liked this better than "Katterskill Falls." A story of the suburbs, from the guy who wrote "Election" -- and it was good, with intertwining stories of a bunch of people. I especially liked an early scene where one of the mom characters kisses a dad dubbed "The Prom King" on the playground, shocking the hell out of the other very proper moms, who cover their kids' eyes. The ending was good, too. Grade: B.
Lost and Found, by Carolyn Parkhurst
Reviewed it (but oh how I loved it, too).

<< Home